The history of Surface Protection Coatings Ltd
T Kennedy & Sons was established by Tom Kennedy as a painting and decorating company.
Jim Kennedy joined the family business working alongside his dad Thomas.
Jim and Tom branch into Protective coatings for operating theatres and food factories following the downturn in the economic climate.
Surface Protection Coatings were then formed as a new beginning.
Carole Kennedy who’s back ground has been in Sales & Marketing for 20yrs joined Surface Protection to work along side Jim.
Surface Protection branched into Protective roof coatings using Liquid Plastics Ltd innovative roofing systems.
Certification achieved into Constructionline, the UK’s largest register for pre-qualified contractors and consultants. In terms of efficiency, time and cost saving and best practice, Constructionline is proven to deliver for public and private sector organisations alike.
- Accredited into CHAS – The contractors Health & Safety scheme
- Incorporated as Surface Protection Coatings Ltd
- Surface Protection nominated and awarded Job of the Year by Liquid Plastics Ltd for works completed at Lancaster Castle
- After months of preparation ISO 9001: 2008 Accreditation achieved showing our commitment to quality
- Martin Eyre Joins as Partner and Sales Director bringing a wealth of knowledge of the coatings industry
Jim acts as Quality Assurance representative for Liquid Plastics QA Scheme, ensuring quality is met at all levels.
Safe Contractor accreditation achieved, which is one of the fastest growing health and safety assessment schemes in the UK.
Joining the green revolution, Surface Protection introduces green roofs to product applications.
Training taken to new level as all operatives reach a minimum of Liquid plastics Level 1 in application of Decothane systems whilst more experienced members of the team progress to Level 2 to be recognised as site supervisors. Practical Site Assessment and Specialise Apprenticeship programmes rolled out during the year.
Award winning customer relationship management system is introduced to manage every aspect of our customer interactions from first contact to purchase and post sales. Improving our business operations and service to our customers.
New business growth leads to a regional sales office at Chesterfield being opened enabling us to provide improved services in the Yorkshire and East Midlands areas.
New company brochure produced with new corporate identity.
Surface Protection awarded Safe Contractor of the month for ‘Working at heights’.
- Chesterfield office moves to Sheffield to incorporate new sales team
- Joanne Eyre and Kay Price strengthen the sales team with new administrative support and leadership
- Carbon Smart Certified, Surface Protection Coatings achieves Carbon Smart Blue standard
Brave, Bold & Inspirational… just a few words to describe our new website.
Investment in Technology – A key initiative for 2014 has been the integration of our quality systems into state of the art technology to help manage & control our business.
Trials in November last year to move to an electronic recording system to manage contracts has continued to be a success; this has now been expanded to our sales department to produce detailed quotations for our clients.
Further growth leads to a new regional office in Walsall opening enabling us to provide our high level of service in the Midlands.
- Accurate and detailed information
- Reassurance in our systems & controls
- Commitment to our environmental policy to reduce paper waste